1. Combine all ingredients in a grinder and process until very fine
2. Stuff into lamb or sheep casing
1. In separate batches, pulse the chuck and the sirloin in a grinder 10 times.
2. Combine the chuck, sirloin and kosher salt in large bowl.
3. Form the meat into 5-ounce patties.
4. Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Place the hamburger patties in the pan.
6. For medium-rare burger,cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side.
7. For medium burger, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side.
8. Flip the burgers only once during cooking
1. Grind chicken breast with your grinder or use a knife.
2. Mix in bowl with finely diced onion, one egg white, seasoning, and 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt.
3. Form meatball shaped patties and press onto a sheet of aluminium foil sprayed with cooking spray and press to 1/2" thick.
4. Grill to 3/4 heat setting.
5. Place patties on the grill while still on the foil for 3-5 minutes until the ingredients bind together, then flip, remove the foil and grill until visually cooked, then flip one more time to sear the side that was on the foil.
6. Toss kale, a few onion slices, and dash of olive oil, then add to the grill with the halved mini pita for a toasted finish.
7. Dress with a thin slice of avocado, a spread of condiment of choice, grilled onion slices and a slice of tomato.
Once you have gathered all your ingredients, here are the 7 simple steps that you need to follow inorder to make a gourmet Sous Vide Halibut dish.
Step 1: Preheat Your Sous Vide
First thing’s first, set up your Sous Vide machine and preheat it to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. You maythink that 140 degrees Fahrenheit is too low for cooking, but since you are using a Sous Vide machine,you don’t need to set a high temperature because unlike conventional cooking methods, the Sous Videmachine provides even cooking with its water bath.
Step 2: Season and Marinade the Halibut Fillets
As you preheat your Sous Vide machine, next thing you need to do is simmer the fish stock, wholebutter, a pinch of saffron, orange zest, and mint leave over medium heat in a pot. While you are waitingfor the marinade to get warm in the pot, you should start seasoning the Halibut fillets with some salt.After simmering the Halibut marinade, place your fillets inside the zip lock bag and pour the marinadeinside the bag. Seal the zip lock bag and set it aside.
Step 3: Season The Zucchini
The next ingredient you will need to prepare is the Zucchini. Place your zucchinis inside a separate ziplock bag and then add a pinch of salt, lemon zest, and extra virgin olive oil. When adding youringredients in the zip lock bag, make sure that you each zucchini is covered with the seasoning.Once the zucchinis are in place, carefully seal your zip lock bag and set it aside.
Step 4: Make The Tomato Compote
In a separate pot, simmer some garlic in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. As you simmer yourgarlic, add some salt for seasoning. While simmering the garlic, place your freshly sliced tomatoes insidea separate zip lock bag and add in a pinch of salt and fresh basil.Once the garlic has been simmered and browned, add it into the zip lock bag and thoroughly mix it with the tomatoes. After mixing the ingredients in the bag, seal it and set aside.
Step 5: Vacuum Seal The Food Zip lock Bags
Make sure that all the ingredients are evenly placed inside their separate zip lock bags. Once the foodsare in place, it’s now time to vacuum seal them. Don’t worry if you don’t have a vacuum sealer, you caneasily do so with the use of a pot filled with water.To vacuum seal your zip lock bags, simply unzip it and make a small opening that is about an inch inlength. Next thing you should do is slowly submerge the zip lock bag until the bag seals itself tightlyaround the food. Slowly submerge the zip lock bag until all the air inside it is gone, and zip it shut onceagain. Be careful not to completely submerge your zip lock bag in water when doing this, you wouldn’twant any water to actually get inside the zip lock bags.
Step 6: Place The Zip lock Bags in The Sous Vide
After vacuum sealing each zip lock bag, you can now start cooking your food in the Sous Vide. The firstbag that should go in your Sous Vide is the zucchini. Place it inside the Sous Vide bath for 12 minutes.After 12 minutes, add the Halibut and tomato compote bag in the Sous Vide bath and continue to cookall of the ingredients for another 12 minutes.
Step 7: Plate The Ingredients
After cooking the food in the Sous Vide bath, you may now remove the bags from the bath and set themaside for plating. The first step to plating this Sous Vide Halibut dish is using a vegetable peeler to make ribbon-like noodles from your zucchini. Once you have made several ribbon slices from your zucchini,place the ribbon slices on the bottom of your plate in a folded manner.
After plating the zucchini, take your Halibut fillet and place it on top of your zucchini ribbons. Next, topoff your Halibut fillet with the tomato compote and drizzle it with the Halibut fillet marinade. To finishplating the dish, garnish it with some fresh basil and mint leaves.
1. Divide the avocado in 2 and take the seed out without damaging the 2 halves. Peel the skin and slice the other half in thin slices with about 1 to 2 mm thickness.
Tip: Keep the blade of the knife wet when slicing to slide off easily. Slice it gently to avoid damaging the avocado slices.
2. Slice the red pepper in long thin slices measuring 0.5 to 1 cm.
3. Remove the salmon skin from the salmon fillet and cut the skin off with ease. Leave about 0.5 cm of salmon flesh attached to the skin.
4. Crisp the salmon skin on a nonstick pan without oil. When crisp, break it into pieces adding 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Stir it and let it sizzle for a minute. Afterward, add 4 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce. Wait and stir until the chili becomes aromatic. Avoid burning the sauce and set it aside.
5. Dip your hands in water and place a handful of rice in the middle of the nori sheet. Spread the rice on the sheet leaving 1/3 space of the sheet.
6. Put a cling film sheet over the rice nori. Afterward, flip the rice nori with the cling film which makes the rice covered part upside down towards you.
7. Arrange the crispy salmon skin and the red pepper strips on top of the blank space of the sheet. Turn the nori and the cling film around with the ingredients over the blank space.
8. Roll the sushi and carefully pressing it in towards the filling using the bamboo mat. After successfully rolling, slightly detach the mat and the cling film and roll it forward again. Apply pressure and repeat the process for other rolls.
9. Open the cling film and place some mayonnaise on the rolls’ seal and spread the thinly sliced avocados on your hand. Place it on the roll above the mayonnaise spread. Reseal the cling film and put the mat over the avocado. Apply pressure in order to stick the avocado in the roll.
10. Slice the roll into 7 to 8 pieces and 2 end bits using a cling film. Sprinkle it with sweet chili sauce and fish eggs on each piece. Serve and enjoy.
Step 1: Prepare Lasagna Noodles
The first thing you will need to do is prepare those lasagna noodles. To do so, simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and refer to the Ronzoni packaging directions for the proper preparation of their pasta noodles.
Step 2: Cook Meat
After preparing your pasta noodles, what you have to do next is cook the one pound of ground beef. To do so, simply use a 2-quart pan, set your stove to medium-high heat, and brown your meat.
After browning your ground beef, make sure you drain all the fat. You don’t want any of that grease to get in your lasagna.
Step 3: Create Pasta Sauce
Once your ground beef has been thoroughly browned and drained, what you should do next is add in the pasta sauce to your browned beef. Give it a good mix and continue to simmer the pasta sauce with 1 and ½ cup of water for about 10 minutes.
Step 4: Create Cheese Sauce
The next thing you should do is create you cheese sauce. To do so, start by getting a medium sized bowl. Place your eggs, all of your ricotta cheese, half of your mozzarella cheese, all of your Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper in the bowl and give it a thorough mix.
Try to use a whisk to mix in all your cheeses effectively. Try to continue whisking all the cheeses together until there are little to no lumps of cheese left in the mix.
Step 5: Place Ingredients In The Baking Dish
Once you have prepared the lasagna noodles, ground beef, pasta sauce, and cheese sauce, it is now time to assemble your lasagna in your baking dish.
I suggest using a 11x7 inch baking dish for this recipe for quick and even cooking. Once you have your baking dish, start assembling your lasagna by adding a cup of the pasta meat sauce to your baking dish. Make sure that the entire bottom of your baking dish is covered with the meat sauce.
Continue assembling your lasagna by placing 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise and side by side on top of your meat sauce. Once the lasagna noodles are in place, you can now add a spread of your cheese sauce.
Simply continue this process of adding in the meat sauce, lasagna noodles, and cheese sauce in this order until there are no more lasagna noodles left.
Lastly, cover your lasagna with the remaining cheese and meat sauce and then spread some grated mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and a couple bits of parsley on top of your lasagna before you place it in the oven.