- Red Pepper
- Salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 4 tablespoon Sweet chili sauce
- Nori sheets
- Cooked Sushi rice
- Fish eggs
1. Divide the avocado in 2 and take the seed out without damaging the 2 halves. Peel the skin and slice the other half in thin slices with about 1 to 2 mm thickness.
Tip: Keep the blade of the knife wet when slicing to slide off easily. Slice it gently to avoid damaging the avocado slices.
2. Slice the red pepper in long thin slices measuring 0.5 to 1 cm.
3. Remove the salmon skin from the salmon fillet and cut the skin off with ease. Leave about 0.5 cm of salmon flesh attached to the skin.
4. Crisp the salmon skin on a nonstick pan without oil. When crisp, break it into pieces adding 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Stir it and let it sizzle for a minute. Afterward, add 4 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce. Wait and stir until the chili becomes aromatic. Avoid burning the sauce and set it aside.
5. Dip your hands in water and place a handful of rice in the middle of the nori sheet. Spread the rice on the sheet leaving 1/3 space of the sheet.
6. Put a cling film sheet over the rice nori. Afterward, flip the rice nori with the cling film which makes the rice covered part upside down towards you.
7. Arrange the crispy salmon skin and the red pepper strips on top of the blank space of the sheet. Turn the nori and the cling film around with the ingredients over the blank space.
8. Roll the sushi and carefully pressing it in towards the filling using the bamboo mat. After successfully rolling, slightly detach the mat and the cling film and roll it forward again. Apply pressure and repeat the process for other rolls.
9. Open the cling film and place some mayonnaise on the rolls’ seal and spread the thinly sliced avocados on your hand. Place it on the roll above the mayonnaise spread. Reseal the cling film and put the mat over the avocado. Apply pressure in order to stick the avocado in the roll.
10. Slice the roll into 7 to 8 pieces and 2 end bits using a cling film. Sprinkle it with sweet chili sauce and fish eggs on each piece. Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 27g