- 1/2 cup of your favorite seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay or Zatarain's) Plus more for serving
- 2 beers
- 2 large onions (peeled and split in half)
- 2 lemons(washed and cut in half)
- 2 pounds of small red potatoes
- 8 ears of corn (shucked and cut in half)
- 4 pounds of Fresh Shrimp
- 1 pound of smoked sausage or Kielbasa
- 1 loaf of french bread (split in half length wise)
- Melted Butter, Cocktail Sauce and Hot Sauce for serving
Using an outdoor propane burner or turkey fryer, bring 2 gallons of water to a boil with the seafood seasoning, Beer, Onions and lemons. Add salt if needed. Simmer for 20 minutes to let the flavors develop. Add in the potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes over medium high heat . Add in the corn and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Once the potatoes cooked, reduce the heat to low and add in the shrimp. They will only take 3-4 minutes to cook through. when ready, drain the liquid off and pour the contents onto a newspaper lined table. Scatter the sliced sausage and drippings over the pile. Dust liberally with more seafood seasoning and dig in. Serve with plenty of melted butter, cocktail sauce, hot sauce and of course, cold beer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
EXTRA LARGE Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove 18 x 12
Ramekins 8 oz - Set of 8 Square, Porcelain Ramekins, Dipping Bowl.
Toadfish Coastal Kitchen Collection - Includes Crab Cracker, Shrimp Deveiner, and Oyster Knife Outfitters
New Star Foodservice 28478 Stainless Steel Dredge Shaker, 10-Ounce, Set of 2
GEEKHOM Grilling Gloves, Heat Resistant Gloves BBQ Kitchen Silicone Oven Mitts, Long Waterproof Non-Slip Potholder for Barbecue, Cooking, Baking (Black)
Backyard Pro Deluxe 30 qt Aluminum Turkey Fryer Steamer Kit | 55000 BTU Cast Iron Liquid Burner