Best Frying Pan For Eggs (2019): Top-Rated Skillets Reviewed
You might think fried egg is the easiest thing to whip up in the kitchen, but you will find out once you make one that it actually requires some technical skills. Seasoning the eggs, for instance, requires a certain level of expertise. Flipping the egg to ensure it gets cooked evenly is also a trick that takes some time to master.
One way to make frying eggs easier is to have the right frying pan. There are pans out there designed to make life more convenient for home cooks who need assistance in creating perfect fried eggs. I looked for the best ones out in the market and chose those pans that have the best features, the right size, the right budget and the right price.
Quick Comparison: Top Egg Pans 2019
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Why You Need a Pan Specifically for Frying Eggs
You can just buy any frying pan out there but why is there a need to get a pan specifically for egg frying?
It’s because of convenience. Frying pans for eggs are typically smaller so they can heat up faster. If you aren’t making a big batch of food or you just need to fry some eggs for your morning breakfast sandwich, getting a frying pan for eggs is an ideal step.
If you are cooking other foods for breakfast, you can do so with another pan while cooking the eggs in an egg frying pan. You don’t need to wait for the eggs to finish frying, so you can cook another food like bacon or ham.
There are also frying pans for eggs with individual slots for the eggs. This will make it easier even for new cooks to perfect the cooking process.
Tips in Finding the Best Pan for Fried Eggs
When searching for the right pan to use for fried eggs, here are a couple of things you need to keep in mind:
Good Heat Conductivity
Eggs cook fast. If one side of your pan is hotter than the other side, the eggs might not cook evenly, resulting in burnt eggs on one side and undercooked eggs on the other. You would want to search for a pan with good heat conductivity functions that distributes heat all over the surface of the pan evenly. This way, you can be assured that your pan will cook the eggs perfectly.
Size of Pan
Do you plan on cooking a lot of eggs? If so, you will need a pan with a bigger cooking surface. Make sure it also has a flat surface so that the eggs get cooked evenly. If it is curved, it can affect the way the eggs are cooked and might not sit on your stove top evenly.
There are also pans that come in solo sizes, so you can cook just one egg in one go. These are ideal for those living alone or those who don’t need to cook a lot of eggs for breakfast.
Ease of Clean-Up
Cooking eggs can be a messy process. If it sticks on the pan, you might have a hard time getting rid of burnt egg residues. Make sure the pan has non-stick features that prevent eggs from sticking to its surface.
Durability Also keep durability in mind. When creating recipes like scrambled eggs, you don’t what the surface to get scratched up due to the utensils you are using. Make sure the nonstick coating also doesn’t peel off easily.
A heavy pan can be difficult to flip and carry when frying eggs. It should have a good weight to keep the pan stable on the stovetop but shouldn’t be too heavy that you strain your wrists when trying to flip the eggs.
The Five Best Pans for Cooking Eggs
After checking out what the market has to offer, here are those that I have found the best:
A company called TeChef released this pan with their very own technology called New Teflon. The company claims they are coating the finest cookware in their New Teflon, and they offer a variety of colors in this particular pan. Regulatory commissions across the country has approved the sale of the New Teflon, which is what makes this pan such a success. It has an ergonomic design, which is essential in handling a pan for cooking eggs.
- Multiple color selections
- New Teflon technology is PFOA free
- Affordable price
- Nonstick pan is small making cooking eggs easier to control
- Easy to clean
- Heats up well and cooks eggs evenly
- No more using oils for cooking
- Cute design
- The handle is shorter than standard, so you need to be careful not to burn your hand.
This is not just a small nonstick pan that is easier to control when cooking eggs. It is specialized for eggs and pancakes. It has a nano ceramic coating, which makes it scratch-resistant.
Like all ceramic, nonstick pans, the heat distribution is a hallmark of the product, and the coating is completely free of PFOA and PTFE. It features a heat-resistant Bakelite handle and has easy clean-up features. The pan is nine and a half inches in diameter and contains a three-cup compartment on the inside for cooking eggs separately.
- Ceramic nonstick technology is PFOA and PTFE free
- Gimmick pan allows for up to three eggs to be cooked separately on a nonstick surface
- Easy to clean
- It is durable
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- The handles are attached with no screws and other extra parts so dirt won’t stick in the handles easily.
- Great for cooking sunny-side-up eggs.
- It’s a bit more expensive than traditional frying pans
- You might not be able to use it for your other frying needs but should be versatile enough when making other dishes like mini muffins and pancakes or hash browns.
This pan is small and made specifically for a person to cook food for one. It utilizes a ceramic, nonstick coating, and it is dishwasher safe. The heat retention and distribution are top-notch.
It claims to be able to make perfect eggs every time. The handle is heat resistant and great for those who might need practice in cooking the perfect sunny side up egg. This is highly recommended for solo dwellers or those with a small kitchen.
- Ceramic nonstick technology is PFOA and BPA free
- Great for single people
- Easy to clean
- It’s easy to store because of its small size
- The pan might be too small for certain stovetops.
- Design might be too childish for some people.
This pan is small and made specifically for a person to cook food for one. It utilizes a ceramic, nonstick coating, and it is dishwasher safe much like the product above and all other ceramic, nonstick pans.
It is devoid of chemicals that can get in the eggs you are frying. The ceramic surface also prevents food from sticking to it easily. It can last for a long time and it offers a lot of versatility when it comes to small cooking needs.
- Ceramic nonstick technology is PFOA free
- Great for single people
- Easy to clean
- Inexpensive product
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space
- Great for quick cooking needs
- The pan doesn’t take a lot of time to heat up
- Don’t burn the eggs or you might not be able to reverse the effects it has on your pan
- Some said it’s difficult to flip the eggs because the sides are too high
T-fal offers its own Teflon-coated small egg pan, which is also ideal for breakfast sandwiches. Teflon regulations and manufacturer instructions make this pan perfectly safe. The heat distribution is superb due to the aluminum construction. The pan is durable enough to be considered dishwasher safe, and T-fal is confident enough in their product to offer a limited lifetime warranty.
- Traditional Teflon pan
- Great for single people
- Easy to clean
- Inexpensive product
- The pan might tilt easily if you are not careful
- You might still need to use a spatula to flip the egg
Completely made in the USA, this nonstick pan boasting of professional features is NSF-Certified and made from stainless steel material. The handle features riveted cast and stainless-steel material for extra durability. There is a soft-grip silicone handle sleeve that will keep it comfortable to the touch.
This pot is oven-safe for up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit of temperature. You can use it for gas, electric and glass stovetops. Unlike other nonstick pans, this truly releases food with its PFOA-FREE Eclipse surface.
- This commercial-grade frying pan allows you to effortlessly cook eggs, thanks to its aluminum construction that distributes heat easily and evenly.
- The interior is reinforced and features nonstick properties to quickly release food.
- It looks high-end with its satin exterior finish.
- The handles stay cool to the touch. You can also grip it with ease.
- This is quite an affordable frying pan.
- It looks great and ears to integrate in modern and traditional kitchens.
- Many users can attest to the quality and durability of this pan.
- Some said it is not completely scratch-resistant.
Get two pans in this set of affordable frying pans. The 8 and 10-inch pans feature a wide and flat base for easier cooking. You can set it on top of a variety of cooktops such as induction, electric, gas, ceramic and even halogen. The surface is made from PFOA-free scratch resistant nonstick components that assure users no harmful chemicals will leach to your food.
Feel free to use it as often as you wish, its hard-anodized aluminum construction will surely keep up. The base allows for faster and more even heating. The base is also resistant to warping. You can safely use these pans in the oven of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit of temperature.
- No harmful chemicals will leach to your food.
- These pans are made to last for a long time.
- They are truly resistant to scratches.
- They are safe to be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- You can use it in the oven as well but only in temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The base is resistant to warping.
- This comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- There were a few who experienced premature wear and tear.
Cook like a pro with this nonstick pan. You will be able to master cooking eggs to perfection, thanks to this nifty tool. What makes this stand out from all other pans is its Thermo-Spot heat indicator. It will let you know if the pan has been substantially heated up, which further prevents food from sticking to its surface. It also features a Prometal Pro nonstick interior, which means the inside is not just nonstick, it is also resistant to scratches. You can use your metal utensils with ease.
This pan makes life in the kitchen a lot more convenient, thanks to its dishwasher safe properties. It can also be used in the oven in temperatures of up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The Thermo-spot indicator is a nice feature. It lets you know if you have preheated the pan sufficiently before putting the ingredient in.
- The interior is scratch-resistant. You can even use your metal utensils.
- The handles have a silicone cover, which prevents you from accidentally burning your hands.
- It is safe to be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- You can use it in the oven for up to 400 degrees F.
- Can be used for different cooktops including induction.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- This is quite an affordable option.
- A lot of people can attest to how durable this pan is.
- Some had issues with the warranty. They also said it is not backed by good customer service.
Which One Should You Get?
All of these pans are great, but we recommend the TeChef 5.5-Inch One Egg Frying Pan, the GreenPan Mini Ceramic Non-Stick Round Egg Pan and the Joie Mini Nonstick Egg and Fry Pan for those single cooking needs. If you live alone and just need a pan to whip up a breakfast sandwich fast, these are your top choices. They are affordable as well, so you shouldn’t have problems buying them.
Frying eggs is easier when you have the best frying pan for eggs like this TeChef 5.5-Inch One Egg Frying Pan. It cooks the eggs evenly, it's affordable, and gives you control over your cooking.
The Flamekiss Orange Ceramic Coated Nonstick pan is a great option for those who don’t know how to cook sunny side up eggs. There are pockets specifically for the eggs so it’s more practical to use for a newbie cook.
The T-Fal B1500 Specialty Nonstick One Egg Wonder Fry Pan is also great for small families or those living alone but has durable and reliable features that will ensure novice cooks won’t have a hard time using it.
The Tramontina 10-inch Professional Restaurant Fry Pan boasts of versatility. It works in different cooktop surfaces. It also does a great job in releasing food, so you won’t have a hard time cooking eggs and cleaning the pan afterwards.
Durability is the strongest feature of the All-Clad HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick 8 and 10-inch Fry Pan. It has a warp-resistant base that ensures your pans will not succumb to wear and tear easily. You will also like how well the nonstick features work. Food doesn’t stick to the surface and the pans are easier to clean because of it.
The heating element of the T-fal E93802 Professional Total Nonstick Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Fry Pan makes this a great buy. It tells you when it is ready to be used. That way, you won’t prematurely put your ingredient on the pan, which is what tends to cause foods to stick. It also has a host of other features that make cooking in the kitchen a lot easier.
Tips in Cooking the Perfect Fried Egg
Having trouble creating the perfect fried egg? You are not alone. Even experienced cooks can still botch up this job. But here are a few tips to ensure that you will get this job done properly.
Sunny Side Up
Heat up your pan and add a little bit of cooking oil or butter. A little goes a long way if you are using a nonstick pan so be careful not to flood the pan with too much oil, especially if it’s a one-egg pan like the ones mentioned above. Generally, one teaspoon of oil or butter is enough for an egg.
Experts can break the egg directly on the pan but one safer way to do it is to break the egg to a small bowl first. This way, you can also check if the egg is still fresh. There could be a bad egg in the batch you bought and you don’t want to crack that directly on the pan.
Turn down the heat to low settings to ensure that the yolk cooks well. Leave it to cook for 4-5 minutes. Carefully slide the egg onto your plate once done or use a spatula to transfer the egg.
Crack the eggs in a bowl and use a whisk to break the yolk and mix everything up. Make sure everything is fully incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can also enhance the flavors by adding some spices like garlic powder.
Heat up the pan before adding a little bit of oil. Pour the egg mixture on the pan. Grab the handle of the pan and lift it up slightly to swirl the pan. Make sure the egg mixture gets distributed evenly on the surface of the pan. Flip the egg or you can slide it to a small plate and then return the egg upside down to the pan to continue cooking.
Omelet with Fillings
Pre-cook vegetables that are harder and crunchier. You would want to cook them in butter as well for more flavors. Season the vegetables well.
Follow the steps for cooking scrambled eggs but once the eggs are almost done, spoon the fillings to the middle of the pancake-like egg and then fold it over. There are a lot of ingredients you can use such as bell pepper, chopped, diced ham, sausages and cheese.
What to Do Next
Make sure you click the links of the products you know would make a great addition to your cooking essentials. You can also head to our homepage to read more product reviews on kitchen tools as well as get recommendations on the best products to buy in the market.