Making chicken Marsala is quite easy and simple. You just have to prepare the basic ingredients which are the chicken breasts, Marsala wine, and mushrooms. You can make it as the making of a main course or as a starter. This relies on your available ingredients. You can also use veal instead of chicken breasts if you wish to.
- 4 oz of flour
- salt, pepper, and oregano to taste
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of Marsala wine
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless and flattened chicken breasts
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 6 to 8 oz of mushrooms, sliced
- Combine the flour, salt, oregano, and pepper in a container. Individually add the chicken breasts in the container and shake until the mixture is fully coating the chicken pieces.
- In a skillet, heat the oil mixing 2 tablespoons of butter in it. Put a chicken piece if the oil becomes hot and allow to fry for about 3 minutes on both sides or until it is cooked. Repeat the process for each piece. Once fried, lay the pieces on a plate and set aside.
- Add the butter in the skillet until it melts. Place the sliced mushrooms and stir until golden brown. Remove the skillet from the heat and mix in the Marsala. Allow it to simmer until it has been curtailed by half.
- Pour in the chicken broth and boil. You can also add more seasonings at this stage.
- Put the remaining butter in the pan and mix the chicken breasts. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Don't have marsala wine, click here for information about substitutes: https://warmchef.com/marsala-wine-substitute/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All-Clad 4114 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Fry Pan / Cookware, 14-Inch, Silver - 8701004404
OXO Good Grips Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears, Black
Set of 12-inch and 9-inch Stainless-Steel Locking Kitchen Tongs
Norpro NOR-7035 GRIP-EZ TENDERIZER/POUNDER
Premium Herb Keeper and Herb Storage Container – Extra Large Glass Design Keeps Greens and Vegetables Fresh for 2x Longer – By NOVART
Stainless Steel Multipurpose Slicer with Seven Blades - Grey
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 535mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 9gSugar: 9gProtein: 21g