Of all the types of pasta in the world, my true favorite is the lasagna. Unlike most kinds of pasta, lasagna is a very hearty dish that you can fill will all sorts of ingredients such as meat, vegetables, and cheeses.
What I love most about lasagna is that it’s very easy to make for parties. Unlike regular spaghetti that would require you to perform all kinds of culinary tasks such as continuous stirring and sifting, lasagna recipes only require you to prep and wait. You really don’t have to do anything in the cooking process.
Want to try making your own lasagna at home? If it’s your first time making lasagna, I suggest you go get a box of no-boil Ronzoni lasagna for easier cooking. Don’t worry if you don’t have any clue as to how you can cook it, because in this article I will provide you with all the instructions you need in order to cook the Ronzoni lasagna recipe.
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
How To Cook The Ronzoni Lasagna Recipe
Cooking the Ronzoni lasagna recipe isn’t really that hard. To start, simply prepare these following ingredients:
You will need about 6 ounces of Ronzoni Lasagna to prepare batch that will fill a medium sized casserole dish. If you are preparing this lasagna for a family gathering or a party, I suggest you get 2 boxes so that you’d be able to feed 10 people. You can use lasagna pan to store.
Do keep in mind that the amount of ingredients I am listing below is only good for a single 16 ounce pack of Ronzoni lasagna.
To make your lasagna a truly hearty dish, you will need a pound of ground beef. Try to get freshly ground beef if you are near a butcher shop or a supermarket for best results. Also keep in mind that you should leave your ground beef at room temperature before cooking this recipe to ensure that it is completely thawed if frosted.
You will need about a jar or approximately 24 ounces of tomato or pasta sauce. I have found that the best type of pasta sauce for lasagna is one that comes with little chunks or bits of tomatoes. Using this kind of pasta sauce will allow you to get an extra juicy bite.
2 cups ricotta cheese
To add a creamy yet cheesy flavor to your lasagna, you will need about 2 cups of ricotta cheese. You can get ricotta cheese from your local supermarket or farmers market. If your ricotta cheese is a bit lumpy, try to give it a whisk before hand so that you would have an easier time spreading it out.
Now for that ooey-gooey effect, you will need about 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. If what you are working with is a whole block of mozzarella cheese, try to grate it all up for easier spreading. If you want, you can try making small blocks of mozzarella cheese and placing them all over your lasagna’s inners so that you’d have a surprise cheese bomb contained within every slice.
For that extra salty tangy taste, you will need about half a cup of parmesan cheese. If you are working with whole parmesan cheese, I advise you to grate it all up before cooking for easier spreading. But for the toppings, I recommend using shaved parmesan cheese for better aesthetics.
You will need 2 whole eggs to create your cheese sauce for the lasagna’s filling. The eggs will help bring together all the cheeses, allowing for a uniform taste within every slice. If you have the option to go with organic eggs, I suggest you use them for a fresher flavor.
To add some color and fresh flavor to your lasagna, you will need about ¼ cup of fresh parsley. As you prepare your ingredients, I recommend chopping up the parsley into small bits so that you’d have an easier time mixing it into your cheese sauce.
For added seasoning, you will need half a teaspoon of salt. You can use any kind of salt you want for this dish. But if you have the option of choosing sea salt, I suggest you go with that for optimal results.
Another form of seasoning you will need is black pepper. To help bring all the flavors of this dish together, you will need about ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. If you don’t have any freshly ground pepper, you can always use powdered black pepper.
Step By Step Cooking Instructions
Step 1: Prepare Lasagna Noodles
- The first thing you will need to do is prepare those lasagna noodles. To do so, simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and refer to the Ronzoni packaging directions for the proper preparation of their pasta noodles.
Step 2: Cook Meat
- After preparing your pasta noodles, what you have to do next is cook the one pound of ground beef. To do so, simply use a 2-quart pan, set your stove to medium-high heat, and brown your meat.
- After browning your ground beef, make sure you drain all the fat. You don’t want any of that grease to get in your lasagna.
Step 3: Create Pasta Sauce
- Once your ground beef has been thoroughly browned and drained, what you should do next is add in the pasta sauce to your browned beef. Give it a good mix and continue to simmer the pasta sauce with 1 and ½ cup of water for about 10 minutes.
Step 4: Create Cheese Sauce
- The next thing you should do is create you cheese sauce. To do so, start by getting a medium sized bowl. Place your eggs, all of your ricotta cheese, half of your mozzarella cheese, all of your parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper in the bowl and give it a thorough mix.
- Try to use a whisk to mix in all your cheeses effectively. Try to continue whisking all the cheeses together until there are little to no lumps of cheese left in the mix.
Step 5: Place Ingredients In The Baking Dish
- Once you have prepared the lasagna noodles, ground beef, pasta sauce, and cheese sauce, it is now time to assemble your lasagna in your baking dish.
- I suggest using a 11x7 inch baking dish for this recipe for quick and even cooking. Once you have your baking dish, start assembling your lasagna by adding a cup of the pasta meat sauce to your baking dish. Make sure that the entire bottom of your baking dish is covered with the meat sauce.
- Continue assembling your lasagna by placing 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise and side by side on top of your meat sauce. Once the lasagna noodles are in place, you can now add a spread of your cheese sauce.
- Simply continue this process of adding in the meat sauce, lasagna noodles, and cheese sauce in this order until there are no more lasagna noodles left.
- Lastly, cover your lasagna with the remaining cheese and meat sauce and then spread some grated mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and a couple bits of parsley on top of your lasagna before you place it in the oven.
A Quick Recap
Cooking lasagna can be quite a hassle if you are starting from scratch. It’s a good thing you can easily buy some no-boil lasagna packages like Ronzoni’s from your local supermarket. The Ronzoni lasagna recipe only takes about an hour to prepare and cook. That’s why it’s a great choice for family gatherings or large parties.
Remember, the trick to perfectly cooking this Ronzoni lasagna recipe is by following the simple instructions I have mentioned above. Use the right ingredients, assemble your lasagna layers in the right order (meat sauce first, lasagna noodle second, and cheese sauce last).
Other things you should not forget is draining the fat from the ground beef after you brown it and removing the foil from the baking dish and baking it for another 10 minutes to add a fine color to your dish.
If all these things are done right, you will surely end up with a dish that you, your family, and friends will get to enjoy.
If you have any questions about the article above, please do not forget to leave a comment in the box below. Until next time, happy cooking!