Coconut shrimps should be crispy. It usually takes you more or less than an hour to get it ready but you don’t have to worry because it is easy to make. Coconut shrimp are battered with coconut flakes before deep frying or baking.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 24 shrimp
- Oil for frying
- Mix the egg, ¼ cup of flour, and baking powder in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour and coconut.
- Hold the tail of the shrimp and roll it in the flour. Shake off excess flour and dip it in the egg batter. Let the excess batter drip off. Dredge the shrimp in the coconut flakes and put it on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat the process until everything is coated.
- Afterward, refrigerate it for 30 minutes. While the shrimp are cooling, heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C).
- Deep fry the prawns in batches until it becomes golden brown. Remove the cooked shrimp with tongs and place it on the paper towels to drain. Serve warm and enjoy your food.
Don't know what to make for a side, click here for some ideas: https://warmchef.com/what-to-serve-with-coconut-shrimp/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Seafood Bowl Serving Tray with Handles by Toadfish
Shrimp Deveiner Tool
Presto 06006 Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer
Kitchen Knife Set, Professional 6-Piece Knife Set with Wooden Block
Stainless Steel Spider Strainer
Shrimp Deveiner Tool - Prawn and Seafood Peeler with Butterfly Blade - Frogmore Shrimp Cleaner
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 8g