- Level: Beginner
- Total: 50 min (including chilling time)
- Active: 30 min
- Servings: 4
1lb hulled and deveined medium-sized shrimp
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 scallions, white and green parts, finely sliced
1 large egg, faintly beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
Old Bay Mayo:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
4 brioche buns, halved and slightly toasted
Avocado slices, for topping
Lettuce leaves, for topping
Tomato slices, for topping
- The burgers: Roughly cut up one half of the shrimp. Grind up the rest of it in a grinder until it doesn’t have any lumps anymore. In a pot, add all the shrimp, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic powder, egg, and scallions, and stir them. Pop the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes before making 4 patties and put them back in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes.
- In a big frying pan, heat oil and cook the patties for 3 minutes on either side, on medium-high heat.
- The Old Bay mayo: In a container, incorporate the mayonnaise and a preferred amount of Old Bay.
- To serve, lay out the mayo on the buns, put the patties, and add tomatoes, lettuce, and avocados.