- The corn tortillas are perfect substitutes because they are made from masa harina. Since you are using stale corn tortillas, they are already getting dry, which makes this quick recipe perfect:
- Three or four large corn tortillas
- Kosher salt
- Warm water
- Place the tortillas in a food processor and grind them to a fine consistency.
- Add kosher salt to the blend and gauge how much will be needed based on what you think will be to taste in the final product.
- Pulse the dry mixture to circulate the kosher salt.
- Add warm water slowly and a little at a time until you have a consistency good enough to shape the dough.