Information and Facts About The Best Omelet Pan
There has always been a debate over what type of material makes the best omelet pan. Is it aluminum, Teflon, or ceramic? This review intends to answer that very question and more. It’s Teflon, if you were wondering.
After all the goal is to make the perfect omelet and having the right equipment for the job can make all the difference in the world. You pan should be durable, non-stick, and handle easily, allowing you to make the most delicious omelets every time.
Quick Comparison: Top Omelet Pans 2018
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Things to Look for When Selecting the Best Omelet Pan
What exactly should you be looking for in an omelet pan, other than the size and depth of the pan? Well, there are three main things that were focused on when reviewing all the omelet pans.
First, the overall durability of the pan is important. Was it built with a strong material that is thick enough to stand the test of time? The thicker the material the less likely it will warp or the coating will peel off at high temperatures.
If you happen to have a thinner pan, make sure that you monitor the temperature to avoid overheating and potential damage. Also, wait until the pan has cooled down completely until you clean it, as putting it in cool water can cause the pan to warp.
Second, a non-stick coating was important for making a delicate dish like an omelet. To keep a non-stick surface in the best condition you must take care of your pan, by using the proper utensils and cleaning it right. To prevent scratches or scrapes from utensils, stay away from metal, instead use wood or plastic.
Some omelet pans are easier to clean than others. A pan that is easy to clean and requires little cleaning or scrubbing will last longer than one put in the dishwasher. This is because it protects the non-stick surface.
Finally, the way the pan handled was important. The overall weight, shape, and handles were taken into consideration to see if the pan was easy to use. A good pan will have a good feel, a bit heavy, but easy to maneuver.
There are a few different shapes of pans on the market, from hinged, round, to square, each with its own unique advantages and disadvantages. Finally, a solid handle will be riveted perfectly and comfortable to use. Most importantly the handle should not get too hot to handle.
Utensils Needed to Make the Best Omelet Pan
To make the perfect omelet more is needed than just an omelet pan. Using the proper utensils can make all the difference in the world. For example, using the proper spatula for your pan will increase the longevity of your pan, decreasing scratches and overall wear and tear. I suggest using a silicone spatula to shape the omelet and move it around.
To make an omelet you need a few other kitchen utensils, including a bowl to start with. The size of the bowl will depend on upon how many omelets you are making. If you are just making one, a small bowl will suffice. However, if you are making a bunch for the whole family, use a large bowl.
Whether you use a fork or whisk makes a difference to the outcome of the omelet. It depends on how much air you like in your omelets. A whisk will make your eggs light and fluffy with lots of air bubbles. However, it can alter the cooking time as well, slowing it down considerably. Using a fork, on the other hand, will help your eggs cook evenly and reduce the amount of air in them.
For the best outcome bast the omelet pan with a brush full of butter. This is not necessary, but an added bonus as the butter melts faster. Some kitchen gadgets and utensils just make life so much easier when cooking.
How to Make the Best Omelet?
The most important thing to making the best omelet is having the freshest ingredients. Using farm fresh eggs will make an omelet like you’ve never had before. the proper tools and technique also contribute to producing the perfect omelet.
Now, even if you don’t have one of those fancy folding omelet pans, you can still make a great omelet. Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you make a better omelet:
- Soak the eggs before you start to cook them, it will allow them to cook faster and become more tender.
- Heat your pan up before you add butter, this will ensure that your omelet won't stick, no matter what type of pan you are using.
- When using the spatula to keep the eggs from sticking to the edges of the pan, rotate the pan while holding the spatula still.
Top 5 Best Omelet Pan Reviews
T-fal has a nonstick design that uses a prometal material with is scratch resistant and durable. It is even safe to use metal utensils to cook food in this pan. This is great, especially when you have children, who want to help out but don’t understand all the kitchen rules. Plus, it has a “thermo-spot heat indicator,” which is a spot in the center of the pan that glows red when it is heated to the perfect cooking temperature.
- This pan is a great price and with a bit of care and attention you can cook up a delicious omelet.
- This pan is also dishwasher safe and it can go into the oven (up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit), making it versatile and handy for many different meals.
- It has a depth of 1.75 inches, making it perfect to cook up a variety of meals.
- The handle has a comfortable grip, making it easy to flip your omelet.
- Unfortunately, this pan has a major flaw. Even though the pan has a stainless steel induction base that heats the pan evenly, and can be used on any type of cooking surface. After using this pan for awhile it may warp and this will cause the pan to have an uneven heat surface, which will cook the food unevenly.
Nordic Ware is a classic omelet pan, that has a hinge-style design that allows you to cook a perfect omelet. No hassle or mess! With two handles, it makes it easy to flip. The two separate sides of the pan allow you to fry up eggs on one side and mushrooms or vegetables in the other. Create something new and delicious with ease.
- This high-quality pan is constructed with care.
- The hinges and the mechanism close properly, which makes all the difference when making a delicate dish.
- The aluminum construction will ensure your omelet is cooked evenly, with heat distributed over the area of the pan.
- The non-stick coating is great, as the egg slides out of the pan easily.
- Making this pan easy to clean as well.
- You can just pop it in the dishwasher and forget about it.
- There is one slight downside to this omelet maker. The small handle can get very hot. Be careful! Just be sure to have a towel or pot holder nearby, just in case. Other than that, this is a great omelet pan for the beginner to the master chef.
Calphalon is the only nonstick omelet pan in this review that comes with a lid. This is a unique feature, as the glass lid allows more moisture to stay in your food. The anodized exterior on the pan will not crack or chip, and it heats up fast. You can even throw this pan into the oven (up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The pan will distribute the heat evenly and cook up some great meals if you take care of it.
- To ensure that the pan will last, make sure that you only use wood or plastic utensils, and do not overheat it or use an oil or spray that will leave a residue build-up.
- By following these simple tricks this pan should last for many years.
- This pan works great, but over time will show some wear and tear. It is important to take care of this pan or else it may develop pitting on the non-stick surface. It could even develop a spot where the metal has been worn down. Even the bottom of the pan will start to wear down, the coating may come off and leave a residue on any surface it comes into contact with.
Cuisinart uses an innovative design, which interlocks two skillets so you can easily flip and cook your frittata or omelets. This pan also allows you to cook up a variety of dishes, from crepes to stir-fry, making everything at once. The thing that makes this pan stand out from the rest is the overall weight, it is very easy to handle. Plus, the pan cooked a variety of foods perfectly.
- This pan has many great features as it is very well made, durable, and easy to clean.
- The non-stick surface, size, and depth make it ideal for cooking a wide range of dishes.
- It is safe to use on any cooking surface and even in the oven (up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The ergonomic handle does not get hot and they are made so you have a secure grip when cooking your food.
- Overall, this pan is great and there are no real flaws. However, it does take a little patience and practice to use it properly. When you want to flip the pan, you must make sure both sides are warmed up to the right temperature. Also, when you flip be careful that you don’t spill any oil or anything on the burner that may start a fire.
One of the great features of the TeChef pan is the color, the “Aubergine Purple” represents splendor and glory of the Korean culture. Reflecting the culture of the Tamagoyaki Japanese cooking and lifestyle, which I found to be very interesting. The beautiful Korean-based pan from TeChef allows you to cook up healthy meals for the whole family.
- TeChef has a unique shape, which makes it easier to flip food like omelets, frittatas, or pancakes. This square pan is amazing for many reasons.
- First, it is made with a DuPont Teflon coating to make it non-stick, without the use of PFOA.
- Second, the pan is constructed with the best materials, using aluminum and a stainless-steel bottom, with no lead or cadmium used.
- Third, this pan heats up fast and evenly, which has allowed me to cook many different meals to perfection.
- There is little to complain about when it comes to the TeChef. This pan may take some time to get used to, with its unique square design, which could be consider a con. However, I did not find this to be the case. It was easier than using a round pan, by far! After a bit of practice this became my personal favorite of all the omlete pans reviewed.
The best omelet pan is the TeChef . Hands-down. This omelet pan makes flipping an omelet a breeze, with its unique shape. The omelet is cooked evenly and comes out moist and delicious. This pan is made of high-quality materials that are durable and sturdy.
Although the TeChef it may seem a bit small, it makes the perfect individual servings of omelets each and every time. This has cut out all the hassle of flipping food, with its non-stick design. This pan was made for flipping, from sandwiches to omelets, it is fantastic!