It is possible to reduce 10 pounds in just a week, but it is not recommended.
Crash diets or short-term will help you lose weight, but the weight will bounce back as soon as you stop this eating routine. Moreover, in light of their prohibitive nature, these eating regimens aren’t suitable for you if you have a history of eating disorders.
These weight control plans are not considered as a long term solution to reduce weight permanently.
With fast weight reduction, most of the weight you lose is water weight, not muscle fat. That’s because you can’t safely reduce 10 pounds in a week. (1Trusted Source).
This type of quick weight reduction brings down your insulin levels and eliminates carbs, which hold around multiple times their weight in water.
Decreased insulin levels also make your kidneys reduce too much sodium, prompting a drop in water maintenance (2Trusted Source, 3Trusted Source, 4Trusted Source).
Instead of risking your health with these fast weight reduction plans, we suggest looking at these tips or attempting one of these eating routine plans.
Still, if you choose short-term weight reduction, these steps will assist you in accomplishing it. Remember that this is certainly not a permanent solution.
1. Cut out Carbs and Consume More Protein
If you follow a low-carb diet, you can shed some pounds for only a couple of days.
Many studies have indicated that a low carb diet is a compelling approach to getting more fit and improving well-being (5Trusted Source, 6Trusted Source, 7Trusted Source).
A transient reduction in carb consumption can also diminish water weight and swelling.
That is why individuals who go low carb frequently observe a difference on the scale the very next morning after beginning this new eating regimen.
Furthermore, ensuring you eat a lot of protein can significantly diminish your hunger while enhancing your digestion (8Trusted Source, 9Trusted Source).
It’s vital to eliminate all bland carbs and sugars for the week. Switch these with vegetables while additionally expanding your consumption of eggs, meats, and fish.
Read this article to learn how to set up a low-carb diet and which nourishment to incorporate.
2. Eat Healthy and Avoid Junk Foods
When you’re attempting to shed pounds fast, it may be useful to adopt a clean eating routine and eat more healthy foods.
In general, these nourishments will be very filling and make it simpler to eat fewer calories without getting excessively eager to eat more. Throughout the week, you should eat more whole foods and avoid processed or packaged food. By eating more protein and vegetables, you’ll feel full even when you won’t be consuming too many calories.
3. Consume Fewer Calories (follow the steps)
Lessening your calorie consumption might be the main factor when it comes to weight reduction.
If you aren’t eating fewer calories than you consume, you won’t lose fat (10Trusted Source).
Here are some tips to decrease calorie consumption:
• Check calories: Check your weight every day and be mindful of what food you’re eating. Use a calorie counting application to monitor the calories and supplements you are consuming.
• Just eat three meals: Do not have any snacks before or after your meals.
• Cut your toppings: Eliminate high-calorie toppings and sauces.
• Consume more veggies: Fill your plate with vegetables and cut out bland carbs, and added fats from your diet for the week.
• Consume low-fat proteins: Consume lower-fat proteins, for example, chicken and fish for losing weight fast.
• Don’t consume high-calorie beverages: Instead, choose water, zero-calorie drinks, tea, or espresso. Protein shakes are fine on the off chance that you consider them as your meal.
4. Add Resistance Training and HIIT Workout to Your Routine
Working out is one of the best ways to burn fat and improve your lifestyle.
Resistance training like weight lifting can help you in weight reduction as any aerobic workout would. It additionally assists you in maintaining muscle strength (11Trusted Source, 12Trusted Source).
Full-body resistance training exercises are likewise an incredible technique to bring down your body’s water weight and carb stores, which can prompt a rapid decrease in value (13Trusted Source, 14Trusted Source).
Weight lifting can likewise secure your digestion and hormone levels, which regularly decrease when you consume less junk food (15Trusted Source, 16Trusted Source).
Intense cardio exercise (HIIT) is another potent workout strategy.
A study proposes that 5–10 minutes of HIIT can prompt comparative or more prominent advantages for wellbeing and weight reduction 55 times that of standard exercise (17Trusted Source, 18Trusted Source, 19Trusted Source).
Like weight lifting, it can rapidly decrease fat and support other significant parts of weight reduction, for example, your digestion (20Trusted Source, 21Trusted Source).
You can do HIIT at least four times a week after an exercise or as a component of your typical workout routine. It is imperative to do this with 100% exertion or force. Most runs shouldn’t last over 30 seconds.
Here are a couple of conventions you can attempt. You can practice this outside or even on the treadmill:
• Practice 1: 10 x 20-sec run with a 40-sec recovery
• Practice 2: 15 x 15-sec run with a 30-sec recovery
• Practice 3: 7 x 30-sec run with a 60-sec recovery
• Practice 4: 20 x 10-sec run with a 20-sec recovery
5. Keep Moving
If you want to lose weight fast, then you need to increase your everyday physical activity.
Your physical activities throughout the day, even when you’re not working out, also contribute to your weight reduction (22Trusted Source, 23Trusted Source).
Making simple changes to your everyday life, such as walking or biking to reach your destination, using the stairs instead of the elevator, taking strolls outside, standing more, or just cleaning the house, can also help you burn a ton of calories.
6. Begin Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting can be a fantastic asset for weight reduction and might be as effective as calorie limitation (25Trusted Source, 26Trusted Source).
This practice will help you reduce the time you eat so you’ll automatically consume less, which will help you reduce more weight.
There are many different practices such as fasting for 16-hour and then eating for 8-hour or fasting for 20-hour with a 4-hour feeding window.
Discover a strategy that works for you and your timetable. It is advised that you don’t work out while fasting.
7. Some Tips to Reduce Water Retention
A few different techniques can assist you with dropping water weight and make you more slender and lighter. These include:
• Take dandelion extract: Dandelion concentrate supplement can help diminish water weight (27Trusted Source).
- Consume black coffee: Coffee is healthy and can help you with decreasing water retention. Studies recommend that caffeine can help you burn fat and lose lots of water (28Trusted Source).
• Be mindful of your intolerance: consuming foods that you are intolerant to, for example, gluten or lactose, can prompt excessive water retention and swelling. Do not consume such foods.
The bottom line
The above-mentioned eating routine and lifestyle transformations will surely help you reduce 10 pounds fast.
Remember that most of this weight reduction involves losing water weight, so you will gain it back when you start consuming carbs.
Moreover, do not follow this schedule for the long-term as it is not a durable weight reduction solution.
Some exercises suggested, like weight lifting and HIIT, are generally great daily routine workouts and help you burn calories and lose weight in the longer run.
On the whole, long-term weight reduction is best achieved by adopting a healthy lifestyle that suits you well. It is also essential to follow a healthy eating regimen and get all the important nutrients your body needs.
With that said, remember that a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet is more important than the number on the scale.